This week, we’re excited to have filmmaker Mike Espositio join us, sharing his words of wisdom on social impact filmmaking, as he and his team prepare to bring their Award winning documentary – The Rebound – into the world.
1. So give us some background on the origins of The Rebound, and how you came to the project?
2. Did you know from the early development stage that there would be a grassroots movement around the film? And tell us about the speakers and workshops.
3. Of course, I had the pleasure of inviting you to screen at the Naples Intl FF, where you won the Audience Award for Best Documentary. What a treat to see packed screenings and such an amazing response. Share some insights and highlights from your Festival run. You clearly continued to pick up momentum along the way.
4. Now that you are in the Distribution stage, navigating the best release strategy, what are your goals for the film itself?
And how does the “movement” overlap? Educational and tool kits?
5. When and where can audiences see the film?
Now it’s your turn to give us 2 movie picks!
Mike Esposito Bio
An award-winning producer and cinematographer as well, with a background in marketing and digital media, focused on creating effective and impactful media. Graduate of James Madison University’s College of Business, Mike helped in-house growing two startups, and worked on CBS Sports.com's marketing team on campaigns like the record-breaking live stream of Super Bowl XLVII. He is the Co-founder of Shaina Koren Cinematography and the lead Producer of THE REBOUND.
This is a very exciting time for social impact cinema, as a low barrier to entry combines with an increase in public interest for Cause Cinema.