We’re excited to continue our exploration of distribution – in this modern digital world,
And we’re pleased to be joined by the Head of Global Sales & Licensing at Filmhub
1. Tells us more about Film Hub and your mission as a company.
2. How does the revenue stream work, for filmmakers?
3. Are you active in the Acquisition space, or do most films come to you?
4. What if a filmmaker wants Netflix and/or iTunes, do you submit everything or essentially curate what you believe they will want?
5. Would you say overall, this is a very exciting time for independent filmmakers, with so many distribution outlets, Or that we need to narrow the Platform playing field, and/or support more curation tools?
Final Tip for Filmmakers?
Two Film picks?
Roger Jackson BIO
Roger Jackson is Head of Global Sales & Licensing at Filmhub, the cloud-based marketplace for film & TV content owners to easily distribute and monetize their content across hundreds of global VOD platforms. Filmhub pioneered direct digital distribution of film, TV to on-demand and OTT platforms globally, including fast-growing markets in China, India, Latin-America & Africa.
Recognized as an innovator, expert & speaker on global sales & distribution of video-on-demand (VOD), Over-the-Top (OTT) media and IPTV. He was Vice President, Content for VOD startup iFilm.com (sold to MTV Networks for $49 million) and Executive Producer for on-demand documentary channel Explore.org.
Produced conflict-zone documentaries in Darfur, Jordan, Palestine, Bangladesh and Nepal, a reality series for VH1 and one rather bad movie for Fox TV. Prior to starting Filmhub, he spent a year managing education & humanitarian aid projects for an NGO in Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Mauritania. A graduate of UCLA's Anderson School of Management, and the University of Southampton (Politics & Law) in the United Kingdom.
This is a very exciting time for social impact cinema, as a low barrier to entry combines with an increase in public interest for Cause Cinema.